Thursday 20 November 2014


Media Homework

In order to gather research for my pre production I used website to create a survey and then I proceeded to send the link to my classmates so that I could get an idea of what type of music people like and what they think a certain music genre CD cover should look or the features of the cover. I also asked people that were not in my class so that I could get a wide range of answers with allowed me to narrow it down to the most common responses that I got. The general response I got was that the people that did the survey and that I spoke to like R&B music. This helped me to look at the different styles of R&B CD covers. 

I decided to make my target audience 15-20 year olds. This is because the people that I asked about which type of music they liked were ranging from 15- 20 year olds and R&B seemed to be the most popular music choice therefore it made sense to use that age gap for my target audience. I have also realised that my target audience will want to see an appealing CD cover that stands out from the rest as it needs to catch their eye, this is why I am using a very basic and strict colour scheme which is different from the standard R&B CD covers. Another way I am able to attract my target audience is to use images that they can relate to and understand, which will make them want to buy the CD even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment